Shopping in Liguria
Since the Liguria Region is visited every year by many tourists coming from all over the world, among the other things to see and visit, it is obviously full of shops and outlets which offer to its visitors any type of product.
In the city of Genoa for example, Corso Perrone, Via San Vincenzo, Via XX Settembre and Via Roma are just a few of the most famous shopping streets where stores of any type are concentrated. There you will find Stock Time, as an example, a clothing megastore collecting famous designer clothes - such as Trussardi, Ferr?, Liu-jo and more - at affordable and attractive prices.
Visitors will also find more outlets in Ventimiglia, Sanremo and Savona (particularly note the Outlet Sisto IV), stores created to satisfy the needs and tastes of the most varied buyers.
Liguria is one of the ultimate homeland of several types of crafts. Just to mention a few of them: the Albissola's ceramics, the varied ships models created by former fishermen in their small shops, different kinds of watermark and wood handycrafs. Handycrafts here encourage the spread of antique markets all over the region, that represent an interesting and picturesque concentration of trinkets and ancient objects of any kind and for all tastes.
You can find below, a list of the most important antique markets regularly organized in Liguria.
Shops in Liguria
The region of Liguria has some great shopping opportunities to offer to its visitors. Here you will find some tips on when and where to go shopping in this region.
The most popular place in Liguria to go shopping is by far Genova. As the capital of the region it has many different kinds of shopping places to offer, ranging from flea markets at the Piazzetta Lavagna (Every morning and afternoon from Monday to Friday) to many high quality and designer stores at Via Roma and Via XX Settembre. Not far from the Sampierdarena station, the airport and the famous Aqcuarium of Genova you will find a large shopping mall, known as Fiumara, where you will be able to find lots of clothes, accessories etc. for a more affordable price. For other reasonably priced italian label clothes and accessory boutiques you could also go to Via San Luca. Disigner outlet stores, offering great discounts on the most famous labels can be found in Via Caffa.
If you are looking for a place to buy the local food, head to the Mercato Orientale in the centre of Genova, where you will find many fresh, italian products. In the many wine shops the city offers you will be able to find wines made in Liguria as well as different wines from other regions.
In Genova shops generally open at 9:00 a.m. – 7.00/8.00 p.m. with a two or three hour break between 1.00 a.m. – 4.00 a.m.. However, some are opened all day and sometimes also on Sunday mornings. In January, when Italy usually holds its annual sales, the best bargains and reductions can be found.
Outlet in Genova
- Euro Outlet - Genoa
- Via Guglielmo Marconi, 24 16010 Savignone
- Tel: 010 9642862
- Fax: 010 9760404
- Here you can find clothes from various well known brands, such as Dolce & Gabbana and Diesel for a more affordable price. Opening hours: Monday from 15.00-19.30; Tuesday-Friday from 9.30-12.30/15-19.30; Saterday and Sunday from 9.30-19.30.
- Consorzio Portofranco Outlet - Genoa
- Via Sotto La Ripa, Tribogna 16030
- Tel: 0185 939443
- Some of the brands that can be found here are Bikkembergs, Cucinelli, Dior, Dolce &Gabbana, Fendi, Gucci, Guess, Hogan, Max Mara, Nike, Prada, Stone Island
- Opening hours during the winter: 10,30/19,00 (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays) – Opening hours during the summer: 10,30-13,00/14,30-19,30 (Open on Sunday).
- Diffusione Tessile - Genoa
- Corso Ferdinando Maria Perrone, 19 16152
- Tel: 010 6591235
- In this outlet you will find last years Max Mara collection and a special outlet-clothing line with a discount between 30 and 50%. Opening hours: Tuesday – Saterday from 10.00 – 19.30; On sunday from 10.00 – 13.30/15.00 – 19.30; On Monday it is closed all day.
- Outlet Baby Kids Sestri - Genoa
- Via Ramiro Ginocchio, 7 16154
- Tel: 010 8593463
- Fax:010 8593463
- Clothes and articles for babies from the following brands: Avent, Chicco, Ellepi, Fissan, Mebby, Mek, Mister baby.
- Sigfrid Streness - Executive Viking Outlet - Genoa
- v. E. Vernazza 101 16121
- Tel: 010 580097, 010 5702331
- email: email@example.com
- Among the brands they sell here are Armani, Bikkembergs, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Dior, Hugo Boss, Parajumpers, Cavalli and Valentino
Antique markets in Genoa
- Palazzo Ducale - The first Saturday and Sunday of the month except in August and September.
- Info: 010 588735
- Piazza Matteotti - The first Sunday of the month except in August.
- Info: 010 284041
- Lungomare di Genova Pegli - The last Sunday of the month except in August.
- Info: 010 557111
- Via della Repubblica - The third Sunday of the month except in November.
- Piazza Nicoloso - Third Sunday of the month.
- Info: 0185 722440
In the province of Imperia, the best city to go shopping would be Sanremo, which is also the most populated town of the province. However, also in the capital of the province, called Imperia as well, you will be able to find many shops that sell for example antiques and other locally made items. Also in the food stores of Imperia you will find high quality food products, made from regional products.
In Sanremo you will find different kinds of markets, such as the open-air market on the Piazza Eroi Sanremesi or the fish and food market, also located at the Piazza Eroi Sanremesi, as well as shopping streets, were you can find clothing shops and boutiques. The designer shops are situated in Via Matteotti.
Generally, in Sanremo shops open from 9:30 until 19:30 with a lunch break between 12:30 until 15:30. On Mondays most shops are ususally closed in the mornings. Some of them however all opened all day long. During the summer a lot of shops stay open a lot longer, until 23.30.
Outlets in Imperia
- Stock' N Schock & Stock Junior Maxx & C. snc
- V. Cavour 16, 18038 Sanremo
- Tel: 0184 531959
- Brand name women's and men's clothing and accessories for a 50 – 80% discount throughout the whole year. The Junior's Stock is located on Via Roma, 143
Antique Markets in Imperia
- Piazza Eroi Sanrremesi - The third Sunday of the month - dedicated exclusively to professional antique dealers, hobbyists are not allowed.
Eventhough La Spezia is not as big as Genova, it has still a lot to offer to its visitors that would like to go shopping. It offers for example a great opportunity to purchase locally made items, such as pottery and caramics, which can be found in the old section of the town. Also food, made from products coming out of the region itself, such as olive oil, can be found in most food stores of La Spezia. For people looking for clothes and accesories Via del Prione, where you will find several clothing stores lined up, would be the best place to go to. There are also a couple of jewellery stores to be found.
- La Spezia
- Piazza Cavour - The first Sunday of the month except in July and August.
- Info: 0187 745631
- Piazza Matteotti - The forth Saturday and Sunday of the month except in August.
- Info: 0187 614312
In Savona the shopping area is rather limited. There are a couple of streets were you can find some clothing stores and a 'centro commerciale' called il Gabbiano, with, besides a supermarket, also a few clothing and jewellery stores. What is probably more interesting in Savona are the martkets. There is for example a market in the older section of the town, where you can purchase unique souvenirs to take back home.
Outlets in Savona
- Rosso Pistacchio Outlet
- V. Genova 59, 17031 Albenga
- Tel: 0182 574733
- Piazza Chabrol e Via Paleocapa - The first Sunday of the month and the Saturday before.
- Info: 019 8310426